lower right: M J. Heade
John Francis family, Providence, Rhode Island; by descent to John Brown Francis, Providence; purchased 1981 by (Peter Tillou Gallery, Litchfield, Connecticut); purchased 1981 by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
Associated NamesCorcoran Gallery of Art
Francis, John Brown
Peter Tillou Gallery
- Acquisitions Since 1975, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 5 November 1982 - 16 January 1983, unpublished checklist.
- En Ny Varld: Amerikanskt landskapmaleri, Nationalmuseum, Stockholm; Göteborgs Kontsmuseum, 1986-1987, no. 38.
- New Worlds from Old: Australian and American Landscape Painting in the 19th Century, National Gallery of Australia, Canberra; National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne; Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1998-1999, no. 94, repro.
- Encouraging American Genius: Master Paintings from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Parrish Art Museum, Southampton, NY; Mint Museum of Art, Charlotte; John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota, 2005-2007, checklist no. 34.
- The American Evolution: A History through Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1 March - 27 July 2008, unpublished checklist.
- American Paintings from the Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 6 June - 18 October 2009, unpublished checklist.
- American Journeys: Visions of Place, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 21 September 2013 - 28 September 2014, unpublished checklist.
- Cash, Sarah. "Martin Johnson Heade, View of Marshfield." In Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Edited by Sarah Cash. Washington, 2011: 130-131, 266, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: