Marques de Castillo (or Castrillo), Madrid. (Jacques Seligmann & Co., New York), at least 1929 to 1946. C.S. Wadsworth Trust; (their sale, Parke-Bernet Galleries, New York, 11 December 1948, no. 38, as Mother with Child Holding a Bird); (Jacques Seligmann & Co., New York). Margherita Weber [b. 1915], Lugano, possibly since the 1948 sale; sold 6 May 1997 through (Galerie Lingenauber, Düsseldorf, Germany) to NGA.
- Opening Exhibition, Springfield Museum of Fine Arts, Massachusetts, 1933, no. 84, as Madonna and Child Holding a Bird.
- Special Loan Exhibition: Venetian Painting of the Eighteenth Century, City Art Museum of St. Louis, 1936, no. 41, as Madonna and Child Holding a Bird.
- Exhibition of Venetian Painting from the Fifteenth Century through the Eighteenth Century, California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, 1938, no. 59, repro., as Madonna and Child Holding a Bird.
- Loan Exhibition of Paintings, Drawings and Prints by the Two Tiepolos: Giambattista and Giandomenico, Art Institute of Chicago, 1938, no. 14, as Madonna and Child Holding a Bird.
- Religious Art, an exhibition of fourteenth, fifteenth, sixteenth, and seventeenth-century paintings; sculpture, illuminated manuscripts, metalwork, rosaries, textiles, stained glass and prints, Baltimore Museum of Art, 1938-1939, no. 32.
- Central Illinois Art Exposition of Old and Modern Masters, Bloomington, Illinois, 1939.
- Venetian Exhibition, Philbrook Art Museum, Tulsa, Oklahoma, 1939-1940.
- 10th Anniversary Exhibition, Society of Liberal Arts, Joslyn Memorial, Omaha, Nebraska, 1941.
- Kirsh, Andrea, and Rustin S. Levenson. Seeing Through Paintings: Physical Examination in Art Historical Studies. Materials and Meaning in the Fine Arts 1. New Haven, 2000: 74, color fig. 74.
- Pedrocco, Filippo. Giambattista Tiepolo. Milan, 2002: no. 283, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: