Acquired possibly 1905 from the artist by Mr. and Mrs. John W. Simpson, New York; gift 1942 to NGA.
Associated NamesSimpson, John W., Mrs.
- Rodin: Sculpture, Drawings, Prints, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1946, no. 16, as Study of Woman's Head.
- Wax Sculptures by Degas, Sculptures and Drawings by Rodin, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965-1966, no cat.
- Rodin Rediscovered, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1981-1982, no. 81.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 169.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 149, repro.
- Ambrosini, Lynne, and Michelle Facos. Rodin: The Cantor Gift to the Brooklyn Museum. Brooklyn, 1987: 181.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 203, repro.
- Butler, Ruth, and Suzanne Glover Lindsay, with Alison Luchs, Douglas Lewis, Cynthia J. Mills, and Jeffrey Weidman. European Sculpture of the Nineteenth Century. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2000: 335, color repro. 336.