Mr. and Mrs. G.H. Mannhein; Joseph R. Ritman, Amsterdam; (purchased by Sotheby's and Artemis); purchased by NGA, 1998.
- The Unfinished Print, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001, repro.
- The Unfinished Print, The Frick Collection, New York, 2004.
- Strokes of Genius: Rembrandt's Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Hind, Arthur M. A Catalogue of Rembrandt's Etchings. London: Methuen and Co. Ltd., 1923.
- White, Christopher and Karel G. Boon. Rembrandt's Etchings. 2 vols. Amsterdam: Van Gendt & Co., 1969.
- The New Hollstein Dutch & Flemish Etchings, Engravings and Woodcuts, 1450-1700. (Rembrandt, Erik Hinterding and Jaco Rutgers, authors). Rotterdam: Sound & Vision Interactive, 1996-, no. 175, state i/iii.