all on mount: lower left printed on sticker: 898; lower right typed on label: Charles Sheeler, New York, 47 W, 49th Street; center verso: artist's stamp; by later hand, lower left verso in graphite: L95.3.2165; lower right verso: [?] stamp
Mrs. Saundra Lane, Lunenburg, MA; purchased with funds donated from the New Century Fund by NGA, 1998.
Associated NamesLane, Saundra, Mrs.
- Photographs from the Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1999.
- Cult of the Machine: Precisionism and American Art, Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, de Young Museum; Dallas Museum of Art, 2018-2019.
- Friedman, Martin. Charles Sheeler. New York, 1975: p. 27.
- Stebbins, Theodore E., Jr., and Norman Keyes, Jr. Charles Sheeler: The Photographs. Exh. cat. Museum of Fine Arts. Boston, 1987: pl. 21.
- Lucic, Karen. Charles Sheeler in Doylestown: American Modernism and the Pennsylvania Tradition. Exh. cat. Allentown Art Museum. Allentown (Pennsylvania), 1997: pl. 27.