Rudolf von Gutmann [1880-1966], Vienna (?); (Gilhofer & Ranschburg, Vienna);(Charles Sessler, Philadelphia); purchased by Lessing J. Rosenwald [1891-1979], 1930; gift to NGA, 1943.
Associated NamesRosenwald, Lessing Julius
- Prints from the Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection in the National Gallery of Art, Washington, John Herron Art Institute, Indianapolis, IN, 1945, no. 41.
- Selections from the Rosenwald Collection, Art Gallery of Toronto, 1949.
- 100 Masterpieces of the Print, Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1952.
- Masterpieces of Graphic Art from the Rosenwald Collection, NGA, 1953-1954, no cat.
- Masterpieces from the Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection, NGA, 1954.
- Masterpieces of Graphic Art from the Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection, NGA, 1956.
- The Printmaker 1450-1950, Achenbach Foundation for Graphic Arts at the California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, 1957, unnumbered catalogue.
- Color in Prints: an Exhibition of European and American Color Prints from 1500 to the Present, Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven, CT, 1962-1963, no. 26.
- Master Prints from the Rosenwald Collection, Virgina Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond; and Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1965, no. 61.
- Jacques Callot: Prints and Related Prints and Drawings, NGA, 1975, not in cat.
- Seventeenth Century Dutch Landscape Drawings and Selected Prints, Vassar College Art Gallery, Poughkeepsie, NY, 1976, no. 16, repro.
- Printmaking in the Age of Rembrandt, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, and The Saint Louis Art Museum, 1980-1981, no. 33, repro.
- Lessing J. Rosenwald: Tribute to a Collector, NGA, 1982, no. 39, repro.
- Havercamp-Begemann, E. Hercules Seghers: The Complete Etchings. Amsterdam/The Hague, 1973.
- Ackley, Clifford S. Printmaking in the Age of Rembrandt. Exh. cat. Boston Museum of Fine Arts, 1981:, pp.59-60, 33.
- Fine, Ruth E. Lessing J. Rosenwald: Tribute to a Collector. Washington, DC: National Gallery of Art, 1982, p. 122, no. 39.
- Leeflang, Huigen, and Pieter Roelofs, et al. Hercules Seghers: Painter, Etcher. Amsterdam: Rijksmuseum, 2016, no. HB 13, state ii/iv (impression r).