The artist's granddaughter, Florence H.C. Vincent, Catskill, New York; her niece and the artist's great-granddaughter, Edith Cole Hill, Catskill, New York; (her sale of paintings and furniture from the home of Thomas Cole, O. Rundle Gilbert, Catskill, New York, 26 September 1964); private collection; (sale, Christie's, New York, 21 May 1998, no. 84); purchased by (Richard York Gallery, New York) for NGA.
Associated NamesYork Gallery, Richard
- Master, Mentor, Master. Thomas Cole and Frederic Church., Thomas Cole National Historic Site, Catskill, 2014, fig. 13.
- Thomas Cole's Refrain: The Paintings of Catskill Creek, Thomas Cole National Historic Site, Catskill; The Hudson River Museum, Yonkers, 2019-2020.
- Carr, Gerald L. Frederic Edwin Church: Catalogue Raisonné of Works of Art at Olana State Historic Site. Volume 1. Text. 2 vols. Cambridge, England, 1994: 1:13-14, fig. 13.
- Conisbee, Philip, and Franklin Kelly. "Small is Beautiful." National Gallery of Art Bulletin, no. 34 (Spring 2006): 2-17, fig. 5.
- Kennicott, Philip. "French Rooms Reopen, With Different Accents." Washington Post 135, no. 55 (January 29, 2012): E25.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: