by the artist, lower left in graphite: 1880; by the artist, right center in graphite: T-L; by the artist, center verso in graphite: T-L
Gustav Pellet, Paris (1859 - 1919); his son-in-law, Maurice Exsteens, Paris; (Justin K. Thannhauser, Paris); (his sale, Parke Bernet, New York, 12 April 1945, no. 40). Curtis O. Baer [1898-1976], Atlanta; by descent; (Jill Newhouse, New York); purchased 2001 by NGA.
- Toulouse-Lautrec Exhibition, Weyhe Gallery, New York, 1943.
- Drawings from the Collection of Curtis O. Baer. Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 1958, no. 50.
- Master Drawings from Titian to Picasso: The Curtis O. Baer Collection, High Museum of Art, Atlanta; NGA, Washington, D.C.; and tour, 1985 - 1987, no. 86.
- Prints Abound: Paris in the 1890s, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2000-2001, no. 94b.
- Prints Abound, Paris in the 1890s, NGA, Washington, D.C., 2000-2001 (not in catalogue).
- Six Centuries of Prints and Drawings: Recent Acquisitions, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2004 - 2005
- Vernet to Villon: Nineteenth-Century French Master Drawings from the National Gallery of Art. Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art, University of Oklahoma. Norman, OK, 2012, no. 21.
- Joyant, Maurice. Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, 1864-1901, vol. II, Dessins-Estampes-Affiches. Paris, 1927: 180.
- Dortu, M.G. Toulouse-Lautrec et son oeuvre. 6 vols. New York: Collectors Editions, 1971.
- Prints Abound: Paris in the 1890s. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2000-2001: no. 94b.