all on verso: upper center in graphite: 42nd St / from the Sixth Ave Subway; center: estate stamp with graphite addition: [O or D?]/C; lower left in graphite: 3/1.1 / 5/11; by later hand, lower center in graphite: LM0808
(James Danziger Gallery, New York, NY); purchased with donated funds from Marvin Breckinridge Patterson by NGA, 1998.
- The American Century: Observations and Metaphors, James Danziger Gallery, New York, 1998.
- Street Seen: The Psychological Gesture in American Photography, 1940-59, Milwaukee Art Museum, Milwaukee, 2010, no. 86.
- A Book of Photographs from the Collection of Sam Wagstaff. Ex. cat. The Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C.: no. 5.
- The American Century: Observations and Metaphors. Exh. cat. James Danziger Gallery. New York, 1998: pl. 25.
- Street Seen: The Psychological Gesture in American Photography, 1940-59. Exh. cat., Milwaukee Art Museum, Milwaukee. Milwaukee, WI: Milwaukee Art Museum, 2009: no. 86.