in graphite: Whistler 1878
Purchased April 2, 1931 by Lessing Julius Rosenwald [1891-1971], Philadelphia, (Lugt 1760b); gift to National Gallery of Art, 1943.
Associated NamesRosenwald, Lessing Julius
- Etchings, Lithographs, Original Drawings, and Autograph Letters by James A. McNeill Whistler, The Free Library of Philadelphia, 1931.
- Landscape Prints from the National Gallery's Collection, Washington, D.C., 1985.
- Prints by James McNeill Whistler and His Contemporaries, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995.
- The Darker Side of Light: Arts of Privacy, 1850-1900, Hammer Museum, Los Angeles; NGA; Smart Museum of Art, Chicago, 2009 - 2010
- Way, Thomas Robert. Mr. Whistler's Lithographs: The Catalogue. London: G. Bell and Sons, 1896; New York: H. Wunderlich & Co., 1905: no. 5.
- Stratis, Harriet K., and Martha Tedeschi, eds. The Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, vol. 1. Chicago: Art Institute of Chicago, 1998, pp. 63-66, no. 8, ii/ii.