Johann Andreas Boerner; Lessing Julius Rosenwald (Lugt 1760b) purchased at the Boerner Sale (lot #593) 1929; given to the National Gallery of Art 1943
- Loan Exhibition of Paintings, Drawings, and Etchings by Rembrandt and His Circle, The Art Institute of Chicago, 1935-1936, no. 96, repro.
- Lessing J. Rosenwald: Tribute to a Collector, NGA, 1982, no. 82, repro.
- The Unfinished Print, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001, as The Three Crosses, repro.
- The Unfinished Print, The Frick Collection, New York; Städelsches Kunstinstitut, Frankfurt am Main, 2004-2005.
- Strokes of Genius: Rembrandt's Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Hind, Arthur M. A Catalogue of Rembrandt's Etchings. London: Methuen and Co. Ltd., 1923.
- White, Christopher and Karel G. Boon. Rembrandt's Etchings. 2 vols. Amsterdam: Van Gendt & Co., 1969.