(Carlo Sestieri, Rome); sold 1 August 1963 to Joseph McCrindle [1923-2008], New York; gift 2002 to NGA.
- Italian Baroque Paintings from New York Private Collections, The Art Museum, Princeton University, 1980, no. 46, repro., as St. Francis Praying before a Crucifix.
- In Celebration: Works of Art from the Collections of Princeton Alumni and Friends of The Art Museum, Princeton University, The Art Museum, Princeton University, 1997, no. 150, repro.
- Mortari, Luisa. Bernardo Strozzi. Rome, 1966: 168, fig. 7.
- Mortari, Luisa. Bernardo Strozzi. Rome, 1995: no. 33.
- Grasselli, Margaret M., and Arthur K. Wheelock, Jr., eds. The McCrindle Gift: A Distinguished Collection of Drawings and Watercolors. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art. Washington, 2012: 10, fig. 13, 19, repro. 185.