lower left in plate: Josh. Wright, Pinxt,; lower center in plate: Published July 10th, 1769, sold by W. Pether in Russell Strt, Bloomsby; lower right in plate: W. Pether, fecit; by later hand, lower left in gr.: 4094 400; by later hand, lower center verso in graphite: Clayton 3 / exhibited Tate 1990 / P 2819
Christopher Lennox-Boyd; (C. G. Boerner Limited, New York); purchased 2001 by NGA.
Associated NamesArtemis Fine Arts Inc.
- Wright of Derby, Tate Gallery, London; Grand Palais, Paris; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, London, 1990, no. P3.
- Smith, John Chaloner. British mezzotinto portraits, being a descriptive catalogue of these engravings from the introduction of the art to the early part of the present century. 4 vols. London: Henry Sotheran and Co., 1884.
- Russell, Charles Edward. English Mezzotint Portraits and Their States. 2 vols. London: Halton and Truscott Smith, Ltd., 1926.
- Clayton, Tim. "Catalogue of Engraved Works," in Wright of Derby. London, 1990: 231-258.
- C. G. Boerner Ltd. Mezzotints from the Collection of Christopher Lennox-Boyd. London, 2001: no. 17.