William Blundell Spence [1815-1900], Florence, by c. 1860; sold February 1861 to William Schomberg Robert Kerr, 8th marquess of Lothian [1832-1870], Newbattle Abbey, Dalkeith, Scotland; by inheritance to his brother, Schomberg Henry Kerr, 9th marquess of Lothian [1833-1900], Newbattle Abbey; by inheritance to his son, Robert Schomberg Kerr, 10th marquess of Lothian [1874-1930], Newbattle Abbey; by inheritance to his cousin, Philip Henry Kerr, 11th marquess of Lothian [1882-1940], Newbattle Abbey; (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, Paris); sold 1940 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1943 to NGA.
- International Exhibition of Arts and Manufactures, Dublin, 1865, no. 103 (under Paintings).
- Works of Old Masters, National Gallery of Scotland, Edinburgh, 1883, no. 539.
- Exhibition of Works by the Old Masters. Winter Exhibition, Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1885, no. 235, as by Filippo Lippi.
- Exhibition of Early Italian Art From 1300 to 1550, New Gallery, London, 1893-1894, no. 80, as by Filippo Lippi.
- Duveen Brothers. Duveen Pictures in Public Collections of America. New York, 1941: nos. 108-109, repros.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 106-107, no. 537.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 250, repro. 130.
- Frankfurter, Alfred M. The Kress Collection in the National Gallery. New York, 1944: 31, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 72, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 75.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XIII-XV Century. London, 1966: 135-136, fig. 370.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 66, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 196, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: 1:260; 2:pl. 176.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 97, no. 56, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 229, repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 374-378, color repro.