(Stefano Bardini [1836-1922], Florence); (his sale, Christies, London, 5-7 June 1899, no. 474). John Edward Taylor, London; (his estate sale, Christie, Manson & Woods, London, 1-4, 9-10 July 1912, 1st day, no. 32, as Andromeda by Riccio); (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); sold 11 November 1912 to Peter A.B. Widener, Lynnewood Hall, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; inheritance from Estate of Peter A.B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins, Philadelphia; gift 1942 to NGA.
- Severo Calzeta, called Severo da Ravenna, The Frick Collection, New York, 1978, no. 14.
- Works of Art from the Widener Collection. Foreword by David Finley and John Walker. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 9, as Andromeda by Riccio.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Widener Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1948 (reprinted 1959): 142, repro., as Andromeda by Riccio.
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 70.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 160, repro.