Louis-Charles Timbal [1821-1880], Paris; Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 with the entire Dreyfus collection by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); purchased 15 December 1936 by The A.W. Mellon Educational and Charitable Trust, Pittsburgh; gift 1937 to NGA.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 232, no. A-12.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 253, repro. 233.
- Duveen Brothers, Inc. Duveen Sculpture in Public Collections of America: A Catalog Raisonné with illustrations of Italian Renaissance Sculptures by the Great Masters which have passed through the House of Duveen. New York, 1944: figs. 39-41, as by Luca della Robbia.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Mellon Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1949 (reprinted 1953 and 1958): 163, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 166.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 146, repro.
- Finley, David Edward. A Standard of Excellence: Andrew W. Mellon Founds the National Gallery of Art at Washington. Washington, 1973: 42.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 197, repro.