on the end of the man's hand, in script: HANDS.OF.ROBERT / AND / Elizabeth Barrett Browning / cast By / Harriet Hosmer / Rome 1853; on the end of the woman's hand, in script: Copyright
Private collection, United States; gift 2005 to NGA.
- The Darker Side of Light: Arts of Privacy, 1850-1900, Hammer Museum, Los Angeles; National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; David and Alfred Smart Museum of Art, University of Chicago, 2009-2010, unnumbered catalogue, fig. 4 of chapter "Sculpture and Privacy."
- Carr, Cornelia, ed. Harriet Hosmer: Letters and Memories. New York, 1912: 92.
- Sherwood, Dolly. Harriet Hosmer, American Sculptor, 1830-1908. Columbia and London, 1991: 92.
- Cronin, Patricia. Harriet Hosmer, Lost and Found: A Catalogue Raisonné. Milan/New York, 2009: 30-33.
- Fein, Katherine. "'The Sense of Nearness': Harriet Hosmer's Clasped Hands and the Materials and Bodies of Nineteenth-Century Life Casting." British Art Studies Issue 14 (November 19): https://www.britishartstudies.ac.uk/issues/issue-index/issue-14/hosmers-clasped-hands#, NGA version mentioned in footnote 8.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: