The artist; purchased December 1983 by Edward R. Broida [1933-2006], Los Angeles; gift (partial and promised) 2005 to NGA; gift completed 2006.
Associated NamesEdward R. Broida Trust
- [exhibition at the artist's studio], New York, 1969.
- New Image Painting, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 1978-1979, unnumbered catalogue.
- Neil Jenney: Paintings and Sculpture, 1967-1980, University Art Museum, Berkeley; Contemporary Arts Museum, Houston; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam; Louisiana Museum, Humlebaek, Denmark; Kunsthalle, Basel, 1981-1982, no. 14, repro.
- New Art at the Tate Gallery 1983, The Tate Gallery, London, 1983, unnumbered catalogue.
- The Edward R. Broida Collection, Orlando Museum of Art, 1988, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- The American Century: Art and Culture 1900-2000. Part II, 1950-2000, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 1999-2000, fig. 425.
- Neil Jenney: The Bad Years 1969-70, Gagosian Gallery, New York, 2001, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Selections from the Collection of Edward R. Broida, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2006, unnumbered brochure, fig. 3.