lower left in graphite by unknown hand: $75
acquired c. 1980 from decendents of the artist, through Brown Corbin Fine Art, Lincoln, MA.; William and Abigail Gerdts, New York, 1994; gift to NGA, 2004
- Fidelia Bridges, 1835-1923: American Pre-Raphaelite, New Britain Museum of American Art, CT, 1981.
- American Beauty: The Rose in American Art (1800-1920), Berry Hill Galleries, Inc., NY, 1997
- For Beauty and For Truth: The William and Abigail Gerdts Collection of American Still Life, Mead Art Museum, Amherst, MA; Berry-Hill Galleries, Inc., NY, 1998.
- Medieval to Modern: Recent Acquisitions of Drawings, Prints, and Illustrated Books, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2008, no. 93.
- Hill, Mary Brawley. Fidelia Bridges, American Pre-Raphaelite. Berry-Hill Galleries, New York: 1981.
- Danly, Susan and Bruce Weber. For Beauty and for Truth: The William and Abigail Gerdts Collection of American Still Life. Mead Art Museum, Amherst College, Amherst, Mass.; New York, NY: Berry-Hill Galleries, c.1998: 9, 36.