text at bottom in plate:
Engraved by J. Hill / NEW YORK FROM HEIGHTS NEAR BROOKLYN. / To Thomas Dixon Esqr. this Plate is respectfully Inscribed by his Obliged Servt. Willm. G. Wall. / Painted and Published by Willm. G. Wall New York 1823.
Daniel J. Catlin, Jr., New Canaan, CT; acquired 2006 by the National Gallery of Art
- Medieval to Modern: Recent Acquisitions of Drawings, Prints, and Illustrated Books, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2008, no. 82.
- Fielding, Mantle. American Engravers Upon Copper and Steel. Philadelphia, PA: Wickersham Press, 1917, no. 616.
- Stokes, Isaac Newton Phelps. American Historical Prints. New York: New York Public Library, 1933, no. E-98.
- Koke, Richard J. A Checklist of the American Engravings of John Hill (1770-1850), Master of Aquatint: Together with a List of Prints Colored by Him and a List of His Extant Original Drawings. New York: New York Historical Society, 1961, pp. 41-43, no. 95, i/iii.
- Deák, Gloria-Gilda. Picturing America. New Jersey: Princeton University Press, 1988, no. 336.
- Stokes, I. N. Phelps. The Iconography of Manhattan Island, 1498-1909, vol. 3. Union, NJ: Lawbook Exchange, 1998, pp. 557-579, no. 92.