lower left in red, underlined by the artist: H. Gervex
Acquired c. 1950 in Italy by Dr. P. Herbert Acuff [d. 1951], Knoxville; purchased from his estate by Dr. E. Charles Sienknecht, Dr. B.M. Overholt, and Dr. J. Gilbert Eblen, all of Knoxville, and donated 1957 to the Knoxville Academy of Medicine; gift 2006 to NGA.
Associated NamesKnoxville Academy of Medicine
- Hunter, Mary. "Intern, Orderly, Artist, Corpse: Emerging Masculinities in Henri Gervex's Autopsy at Hôtel-Dieu." Oxford Art Journal 38, no. 3 (2015): 413-415, fig. 5.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: