John Rushout, 6th bt. and 2nd baron Northwick [1770-1859], Northwick Park, near near Moreton-in-the-Marsh, originally Worcestershire, now Gloucestershire, and Thirlestane House, near Cheltenham, Gloucestershire; (his estate sale, Phillips, at Thirlestane House, 26 July-30 August 1859, 10th day [10 August], no. 973, as The Adoration of the Kings by Gentile da Fabriano); (Daniell, London); sold to William Fuller Maitland [1813-1876], Stansted Hall, Stansted, Essex; by inheritance to his son, William Fuller Maitland [1844-1932], Stansted Hall; sold after 1893 to (Robert Langton Douglas, London); Dr. Eduard Simon [1864-1929], Berlin, by 1914; (his estate sale, Cassirer and Helbing, Berlin, 11 October 1929, no. 3); (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); purchased 15 December 1936 by The A.W. Mellon Educational and Charitable Trust, Pittsburgh; gift 1937 to NGA.
- South Kensington Museum, London, 1876 (according to the Duveen prospectus, in NGA curatorial files).
- Ausstellung von Werken Alter Kunst aus dem Privatbesitz von Mitgliedern des Kaiser-Friedrich-Museums-Vereins, Königlichen Akademie der Künste, Berlin, 1914, no. 123.
- Masterpieces in Miniature: Italian Manuscript Illumination from the J. Paul Getty Museum, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2005-2006, not in brochure.
- Duveen Brothers. Duveen Pictures in Public Collections of America. New York, 1941: no. 39, repro.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 83-84, no. 13.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 239, repro. 118.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Mellon Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1949 (reprinted 1953 and 1958): 16, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Comparisons in Art: A Companion to the National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC. London, 1957 (reprinted 1959): 30, fig. 24.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Early Italian Painting in the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 1959 (Booklet Number Three in Ten Schools of Painting in the National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.): 20, color repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 59.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 51, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 154, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. Washington, 1979: 1:222-223, 2:pl. 150.
- Sutton, Denys. "Robert Langton Douglas. Part II." Apollo 109 (May 1979): 373 , 375  pl. X.
- Watson, Ross. The National Gallery of Art, Washington. New York, 1979: 22, pl. 6.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 80, no. 33, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 177, repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 2003: 333-337, color repro.
- Walmsley, Elizabeth. "Italian Renaissance Paintings Restored in Paris by Duveen Brothers, Inc., c. 1927-1929." Facture: conservation, science, art history 1 (2013): 58-77, figs. 5, 6.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: