Acquired in Urbino by Professor Elia Volpi [1858-1938], Florence; inheritance from Estate of Peter A.B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park after purchase 28 December 1917 by funds of the estate; gift 1942 to NGA
- Works of Art from the Widener Collection. Foreword by David Finley and John Walker. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 15.