by artist (?), lower right, in graphite: Ganz [indecipherable] Blatt / 9300; by later hand, lower right, in graphite: R; by later hand, lower left, in graphite: Sch. 66
Marks and Labels
stamp, verso, ELS
The Epstein Family Collection, Washington, DC; Gift 2013 to NGA.
Associated NamesEpstein Family Collection, The Foundation for the
- Munch and Women: Image and Myth. Exh. organized and circulated by Art Services International, Alexandria, VA. 1997, no. 22.
- Edward Munch's "Mermaid". Philadelphia Museum of Art, 2005.
- Edvard Munch and the Sea, Tacoma Art Museum, 2016.
- Schiefler, Gustav. Verzeichnis des graphischen Werks Edvard Munchs bis 1906. vol. 1. Berlin, 1907 (reprinted 1974); and Schiefler, Gustav. Edvard Munch. Das graphische Werk 1906-1926. vol. 2. Berlin, 1927. (reprinted 1974).
- Woll, Gerd. Edvard Munch: The Complete Graphic Works. New York, 2001, no. 76