stamped on top of the carcase above the forecorners at right and left with the smaller of the two _estampille_ used by the maker: DF; struck on all mounts at least once with the two smaller of the three sizes of a tax mark: _C-couronné_
Rodolphe Kann [1844/1845-1905], Paris; purchased 1907 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York), together with the entire Kann collection; sold 2 October 1908 to Peter A.B. Widener, Lynnewood Hall, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; inheritance from Estate of Peter A.B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; gift 1942 to NGA.
- Mannheim, Jules. The Rodolphe Kann Collection, Objects d'Art. 2 vols. Paris, 1907: 2:no. 220, repro.