by later hand, verso center, in graphite: Geiger, pl 189.
Private collection, Mantua; Marelli collection, Bergamo; Stephen Spector, New York; David Daniels, New York; his sale, Sotheby's London, 25 April 1978, lot 27; private collection, Florence; (Galleria Lapiccirella, Florence); purchased 2013 by NGA.
- Genoese Masters, Cambiaso to Magnasco, 1550-1750, Dayton, Dayton Art Institute; Sarasota, John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art; Hartford, Wadsworth Atheneum, 1962-1963, no. 87.
- Seventeenth and Eighteenth Century European Drawings, American Federation of Arts, circulating exhibition, 1966-1967, no. 25.
- Loan Exhibition of Drawings from the Daniels Collection, The Minneapolis Institute of Arts, Minneapolis, 1968.
- Geiger, Benno. Magnasco. Bergamo, 1949, pl. 189.
- Lapiccirella, Damiano, and Francesca Antonacci,Collezionando II: Master Drawings.Florence, 2013, cat. 7.