lower left: T. W. Dewing
Collection of the artist, New York City; (N.E. Montross, New York); purchased 1911 by the Corcoran Gallery of Art; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
Associated NamesCorcoran Gallery of Art
- Exhibition of Paintings by Thomas W. Dewing, Department of Art, Carnegie Institute, Pittsburgh, 1924, no. 13.
- Loan Exhibition From the Corcoran Gallery of Art: Selected Group of Twenty American Painters, Mint Museum, Charlotte, 1939, unnumbered catalogue.
- 75th Anniversary Exhibition of Painting and Sculpture by 75 Artists Associated with the Art Students League, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1951, no. 8.
- The Romantic Century, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, June-September 1963, no catalogue.
- Thomas Dewing, 1851-1938, Durlacher Bros., New York, March-April 1963, no. 16.
- French and American Impressionism, Philbrook Art Center, Tulsa, 1967, no. 25.e.
- La Pintura de los Estados Unidos de Museos de la Ciudad de Washington [Painting in the United States from Public Collections in Washington], Instituto Nacional de Bellas Artes, Mexico City, 1980-1981, no. 33.
- Le Japonisme, Palais du Louvre at the Grand Palais, Paris; National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo, 1988, no. 101.
- The Art of Thomas Dewing, Brooklyn Museum; National Museum of American Art, Washington; Detroit Institute of Arts, 1996-1997, no. 45.
- The Gilded Cage: Views of American Women, 1873-1921, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 2002, unpublished checklist.
- The Impressionist Tradition in America, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 2003-2004, unpublished checklist.
- Figuratively Speaking: The Human Form in American Art, 1770-1950, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 2004-2005, unpublished checklist.
- Encouraging American Genius: Master Paintings from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Parrish Art Museum, Southampton; Mint Museum of Art, Charlotte; John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota, 2005-2007, checklist no. 68.
- The American Evolution: A History through Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 2008, unpublished checklist.
- American Paintings from the Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 6 June-18 October 2009, unpublished checklist.
- American Journeys: Visions of Place, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 21 September 2013-28 September 2014, unpublished checklist.
- Phillips, Dorothy W. A Catalogue of the Collection of American Paintings in the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Vol. 2: Painters born from 1850 to 1910. Washington, 1973: 3-4, repro. 3.
- Staiti, Paul. "Thomas Wilmer Dewing, Lady with a Mask." In Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Edited by Sarah Cash. Washington, 2011: 202-203, 277, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: