lower left: Childe Hassam / 1912
Purchased 1913 by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Forty-seventh Annual Exhibition, National Academy of Design, New York, March-April 1912, no. 235.
- Fourth Exhibition: Oil Paintings by Contemporary American Artists, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, December 1912-January 1913, no. 165.
- The Main Currents in the Development of American Painting, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, 1936, no. 93, as New York Windows.
- XXIa Esposizione Biennale Internazionale d'arte, Venice, 1938, no. 28,
- An Exhibition of American Painting from Colonial Times until Today, Saginaw Museum, Michigan, 1948, no. 25.
- Fifty Years at the Corcoran, Frye Museum, Seattle; University Museum, Arizona State College, Tempe; Quincy Art Club, Illinois; J.B. Speed Art Museum, Louisville; Service League of Port Arthur, Texas; Winston-Salem Public Library; Museum of Fine Arts, Little Rock; Meadows Museum, Southern Methodist Univesity, Dallas; Miami Beach Art Center; Kent State University Museum; Davenport Municipal Art Gallery, Iowa, 1957-1958, no catalogue.
- Twenty-fifth Biennial Exhibition of Contemporary American Oil Paintings, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Toledo Museum of Art, Ohio, 1957, no. 4.
- Past and Present: 250 Years of American Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1966, unpublished checklist.
- Childe Hassam, 1859-1935, University of Arizon, Museum of Art, Tucson; Santa Barbara Museum of Art, 1972, no. 86.
- Childe Hassam: City Streets and Rural Retreats, Maier Museum of Art, Randolph-Macon Woman's College, Lynchburg, Virginia, 1995, unnumbered catalogue.
- Impressionism: Paintings of Promise, Worcester Art Museum, 1997-1998, unnumbered catalogue.
- The Forty-fifth Biennial: The Corcoran Collects, 1907–1998, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 17 July - 29 September 1998, unnumbered catalogue.
- Rave Reviews!: One Hundred Years of Great American Art, National Academy of Design, New York; Gilcrease Museum, Tulsa; Indianapolis Museum of Art, 2000-2001, no. 63.
- The Gilded Cage: Views of American Women, 1873-1921, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 2002, unpublished checklist.
- Portraits of Places: Prints of Childe Hassam, an American Impressionist, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 2003, unpublished checklist.
- The Impressionist Tradition in America, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 2003-2004, unpublished checklist.
- Childe Hassam: American Impressionist, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 2004, no. 88.
- Encouraging American Genius: Master Paintings from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Parrish Art Museum, Southampton; Mint Museum of Art, Charlotte; John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota, 2005-2007, checklist no. 71 (shown only in Washington).
- The American Evolution: A History through Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 2008, unpublished checklist.
- American Paintings from the Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 6 June-18 October 2009, unpublished checklist.
- American Journeys: Visions of Place, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 21 September 2013-28 September 2014, unpublished checklist.
- Larkin, Susan G. "Childe Hassam, The New York Window." In Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Edited by Sarah Cash. Washington, 2011: 208-209, 212, 278, repro.