lower left verso in graphite by unknown hand: TR 1621.32; lower right verso in graphite by unknown hand: 8
Jackson Pollock gifted to Dr. Joseph L. Henderson, San Francisco, CA, 1939-1940; sold to Mr. Fred Maxwell of Maxwell Galleries, San Francisco, CA, 1969; sold to Hoover Gallery, San Francisco, CA, 1977; sold to Private Collection (Family Trust, possibly Arno Ballein), San Francisco, CA; to Nielsen Galleries, Boston, MA acting as agent for Family Trust, 1985; presumably sold to Mr. and Mrs. Allan Haven, Brookline, MA (Cernuschi notes the work in their collection in 1992); to Nielsen Galleries, Boston, MA acting as agent; sold to Mr. John Thompson, Weston, MA, 2005; purchased by NGA, 2015.
- Original Travelling Exhibition: Whitney Mus. of American Art, Oct. 12-Nov. 14, 1970; San Francisco Mus. of Art, Jan. 6-Feb. 10, 1971; Santa Barbara Mus. of Art, CA, Mar. 1-Apr. 2, 1971; Fine Arts Gallery of San Diego, CA, July 3-Aug. 8, 1971; Phoenix Art Gallery, Arizona, Sept. 7-Oct. 17, 1971; The Mus. of Fine Arts, Houston, Nov. 2-28, 1971; Isaac Delgado Mus. of Art, New Orleans, Jan. 1972; Milwaukee Art Center, WI., May 1-32, 1972
- Surrealität- Bildrealität, 1924-1974: Städtische Kunsthalle Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf, Dec. 8, 1974-Feb. 2, 1975.
- Jackson Pollock: Drawings, Civic Arts Gallery, Walnut Creek, Sept. 10, 1975-Nov. 10, 1975.
- Jackson Pollock: Nielsen Gallery, Boston, Oct. 26- Dec. 14 1985.
- Jackson Pollock: "Psychoanalytic" Drawings: Duke Univ. Mus. of Art, Durham, Jan. 31, 1991-Mar. 29, 1992; San Francisco Mus. of Modern Art, San Francisco, July 2, Aug. 30, 1992.
- Salander-O'Reilly Galleries, New York, NY (exh. label verso, no date listed).
- O'Connor, Francis Valentine and Eugene Victor Thaw, editors. Jackson Pollock: A Catalogue Raisonne of Paintings, Drawings, and Other Works. New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 1978, vol. 3, no. 516.