lower right in graphite: J.P. Crospey / May 24 1844; center verso in graphite: James McCollough's Leadmill / on the Esopus Creek Saugerties Ulster Co N.Y.; lower right verso in graphite by unknown hand: 3/4 [not deciphered] 16 x 21 1/4
(Victor Spark, New York); Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1948; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- Annual Exhibition, National Academy of Design, New York, 1845, no. 16
- Jasper Cropsey, Cleveland Museum of Art, Ohio; Munson-Williams-Proctor Institute, Utica, New York; National Collection of Fine Arts, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, 1970-1971, pp. 63-64, no. 2, repro
- In Praise of Space, Westminster College Art Gallery, New Wilmington, Pennsylvania; Parsons School of Design, New York, 1975-1976
- Drawings of Jasper F. Cropsey, Hudson River Museum, Yonkers, New York, 1979-1980
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 37, no. 264.