lower right in graphite by unknown hand: A; upper left verso in graphite by unknown hand: T. L. 6558. A-59; upper right verso in graphite by unknown hand: 18422
(The Old Print Shop, New York); Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1949; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- John F. Kensett, American Federation of the Arts, New York (traveling exhibition), 1968-1969
- Sketches by Contemporaries of Frederic E. Church, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1979
- American Master Drawings from the Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1983
- Meditations on Nature: The Drawings of David Johnson, Hudson River Museum of Westchester, New York, 1988, p. 48, fig. 24, repro
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 41, no. 290.