lower right in graphite: Bontecou 1972; lower right verso in graphite by unknown hand: D - 141
(Leo Castelli Gallery, New York); The Honorable William H.G. FitzGerald, Mr. Desmond FitzGerald, and Mr. B. Francis Saul II, c/o The New York Studio School; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1978; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- Acquisitions Since 1975, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1982-1983
- American Masters: Works on Paper from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC; Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service, 1986-1988, pp. 94-96, no. 59, repro
- Lee Bontecou: A Retrospective, Hammer Museum, University of California, Los Angeles; Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago, Illinois, 2004, pp. 109, 229, pl. 110, repro
- Redefined: Modern and Contemporary Art from the Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2006
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 242, no. 1609.