on verso, by unknown hand, upper center in graphite: I-4; center, Evans estate stamp with graphite addition: 1 / 16; lower center stamped in black ink: WALKER EVANS / 163 EAST 94th STREET / NEW YORK 28, N. Y.; bottom center stamped in black ink: PROPERTY OF / WALKER EVANS; bottom left corner in graphite: #63[g?]; bottom center: BOX 11; by Corcoran Gallery of Art, bottom right: 1981.93.1
Walker Evans, New York; Murray H. Bring, Washington, DC; gift to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC (through Fraenkel Gallery, San Francisco), 1981; acquired by NGA, 2015.
- Recent Acquisitions: Photographs, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, July 10 – August 31, 1980
- Developing Illusions, 1873-1998: Photographs from the Corcoran Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, November 14, 1998 – January 18, 1999
- Both Sides of the Street: Celebrating the Corcoran's Photography Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, April 12 – August 25, 2003
- Eldredge, Charles C. John Steuart Curry's Hoover and the Flood: Painting Modern History. Chapel Hill, NC, 2007: 68, fig. 50.
- Malet, Rosa Maria et al. Modernitat Americana: Obres de la Corcoran Gallery of Art. Exh. cat. Fundació Joan Miró, Barcelona, 2008: 98-99, 169.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: