J. Pierpont Morgan [1837-1913], New York, l9l0. (Duveen Brothers, New York); sold l9l5 to Peter A. B. Widener, Lynnewood Hall, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; inheritance from Estate of Peter A. B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; gift 1942 to NGA.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1910-1911.
Small crack in the base.
- Bushell, Stephen, and William M. Laffan. Catalogue of the Morgan Collection of the Chinese Porcelains in the Metropolitan Museum of Art. New York, 1907: 132, no. 737.
- Works of Art from the Widener Collection. Foreword by David Finley and John Walker. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 21.
- Christensen, Erwin O. Chinese Porcelains of the Widener Collection. Washington, 1947 (rev. ed. 1956): 34.
- Bower, Virginia, Josephine Hadley Knapp, Stephen Little, and Robert Wilson Torchia. Decorative Arts, Part II: Far Eastern Ceramics and Paintings; Persian and Indian Rugs and Carpets. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1998: 52-53, color repro.