stamped in center of rolling base: FRONT; stamped on underside of rolling base: H.C. WESTERMANN / CONN. 1963-64 / THE PLUSH
(Allan Frumkin, New York), at least in 1967; (Rolf G. Nelson, Los Angeles), at least in 1968-1969; Samuel J. Wagstaff, Jr. [1921-1987], New York, by 1976; gift 1979 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- American Sculpture of the Sixties, Los Angeles County Museum of Art; Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1967, no. 154, repro.
- H.C. Westermann, Los Angeles County Museum of Art; Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago, 1968-1969, no. 24, repro.
- H.C.W [H.C. Westermann], Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 1978, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- H.C. Westermann, Serpentine Gallery, London, 1980-1981, no. 10, repro.
- H.C. Westermann: Sculpture and Drawing, Lennon, Weinberg, Inc., New York, 1988, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- The American Century: Art and Culture 1900-2000, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 1999-2000.