on top of base, back left: Bessie Potter Vonnoh / Copyright / No XXXVI; on edge of base, back center: ROMAN BRONZE WORKS N.Y.
Marks and Labels
FM: Roman Bronze Works
The artist; bequest June 1955 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Loan to display at a State Dinner, The White House, Washington, 15 May 1975.
- Marble and Bronze: 100 Years of American Sculpture 1840-1940, Adams Davidson Galleries, Washington, 9 October - 16 November 1984, no. 23, repro.
- Gilded Cage: Views of American Women, 1873–1921, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 13 July - 27 August 2002, unpublished checklist.
- The Impressionist Tradition in America, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 19 July 2003 - 18 October 2004, unpublished checklist.
- Figuratively Speaking: The Human Form in American Art, 1770-1950, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 20 November 2004 - 7 August 2005, unpublished checklist.
- American Bronzes from the Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 29 April 2009 - 2013, no catalogue.
- Cibulka, Cheryl A. Marble and Bronze, 100 Years of American Sculpture 1840-1940. Washington, 1984: 27.