lower right: Raphael Soyer
Acquired March 1951 from the artist by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Circulating Corcoran Biennial Exhibition, American Federation of Arts touring exhibition, 19 October 1951 - 6 June 1952.
- Twenty-Second Biennial Exhibition of Contemporary American Oil Paintings, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1 April - 13 May 1951.
- Art and the Theatre, Watkins Museum, American University, Washington, 8 April - 13 May 1956.
- Twenty-fifth Biennial Exhibition of Contemporary American Oil Paintings, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Toledo Museum of Art, 1957, no. 22.
- Jewish Life in America, Meridian House International, Washington, 13 June - 19 August 1983.
- Figuratively Speaking: The Human Form in American Art, 1770-1950, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 20 November 2004 - 7 August 2005, unpublished checklist.
- Recent Acquisitions: American Art from the Johns Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2013-2014.
- Phillips, Dorothy W. A Catalogue of the Collection of American Paintings in The Corcoran Gallery of Art, Vol. 1: Painters born before 1850. Washington, 1966: 160-162.
- Simmons, Linda, et al. The Forty-fifth Biennial: The Corcoran Collects, 1907-1998. Exh. cat. Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1998: 115.
- Baskind, Samantha. Raphael Soyer and the Search for Modern Jewish Art. Chapel Hill, NC, 2004: 125.
- Strong, Lisa. "Raphael Soyer, A Railroad Station Waiting Room." In Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Edited by Sarah Cash. Washington, 2011: 251, repro.