on top of base, back left: Bessie O. Potter / 1896 / copyright
The artist; bequest June 1955 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Gilded Cage: Views of American Women, 1873–1921, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 13 July - 27 August 2002, unpublished checklist.
- The Impressionist Tradition in America, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 19 July 2003 - 18 October 2004, unpublished checklist.
- Figuratively Speaking: The Human Form in American Art, 1770-1950, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 20 November 2004 - 7 August 2005, unpublished checklist.
- American Bronzes from the Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 29 April 2009 - 2013, no catalogue.
- Banta, Martha. Imaging American Women: Ideas and Ideals in Cultural History. New York, 1987.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: