on right top of base: A PRIMISTER PROCTOR SCULPTOR; on left top of base: [copyright symbol] 1917
The artist; purchased May 1918 by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Special Exhibition of Works by A. Phimister Proctor, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 5-31 March 1918, no. 13.
- They Say the West, Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg, Florida, 29 September - 10 November 1968.
- Symbols and Scenes: Art By and About American Indians, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1 March - 16 April 1980, unnumbered checklist, as Indian and Buffalo Group.
- Of Time and Place: American Figurative Art from the Corcoran Gallery, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Cincinnati Art Museum; San Diego Museum of Art; University of Kentucky Art Museum, Lexington; Hunter Museum of Art, Chattanooga; Philbrook Art Center, Tulsa; Portland Art Museum, Oregon; Des Moines Art Center; Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg, FL, 1981-1983, no. 36.
- The American Evolution: A History through Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1 March - 27 July 2008, unpublished checklist.
- American Bronzes from the Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 29 April 2009 - 2013, no catalogue.
- Proctor, Alexander Phimster. Sculptor in Buckskin. Oklahoma, 1971: 168.