on top of base, left: Bessie Potter Vonnoh; on edge of base, left: ROMAN BRONZE WORKS N.Y. A8
Marks and Labels
FM: Roman Bronze Works
The artist; bequest June 1955 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Loan to display at a State Dinner, The White House, Washington, 15 May 1975.
- That's Entertainment, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 13 July - 24 August 1980, no. 43.
- Bronze Techniques of Frederic Remington, National Museum of American Art (now Smithsonian American Art Museum); Denver Art Museum, Amon Carter Museum of Western Art, Fort Worth, 18 September 1981 - 27 June 1982.
- Gilded Cage: Views of American Women, 1873–1921, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 13 July - 27 August 2002, unpublished checklist.
- The Impressionist Tradition in America, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 19 July 2003 - 18 October 2004, unpublished checklist.
- Figuratively Speaking: The Human Form in American Art, 1770-1950, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 20 November 2004 - 7 August 2005, unpublished checklist.
- Aronson, Julie. Bessie Potter Vonnoh: Sculptor of Women. Athens, OH, 2008; 141-143, 159, 161