Possibly (Downtown Gallery, New York); Joan B. Detweiler [Mrs. F.H. Detweiler]; gift 11 June 1962 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Progress of an American Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 26 October - 29 December 1963, no catalogue, as by Charles Sheeler.
- The American Landscape Tradition, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1978, unpublished checklist, as by Charles Sheeler.
- The Advent of Modernism: Post-Impressionism in North American Art, 1900-1918, High Museum of Art, Atlanta, 5 March - 11 May 1986,
- Charles Sheeler in Doylestown: American Modernism and the Pennsylvania Tradition, Allentown Art Museum, 2007, as Tree in Landscape by Charles Sheeler.
- Phillips, Dorothy W. A Catalogue of the Collection of American Paintings in The Corcoran Gallery of Art, Vol. 1: Painters born before 1850. Washington, 1966: 118, as by Charles Sheeler.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 316, repro.