lower right: Fantin Latour 96
The artist; purchased 1904 by Edward C. [d. 1915] and Mary Griffin [1855-1937] Walker, Willistead Manor, Walkerville, Ontario, and Washington; bequest 1937 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Salon, Paris, 1896, no. 782, as La Toilette.
- Exhibition of Paintings, Lent from the Private Collection of E. Chandler Walker, Esq., Detroit Museum of Art, April 1905, no. 47, as La Toilette.
- A Selection of Paintings from the Edward C. Walker and Mary Walker Collection, Willistead Art Gallery, Windsor, Ontario, 8-29 October 1958, no. 5, as La Toilette.
- French Masterworks: A Loan Exhibit from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Museum of New Mexico, Santa Fe, 1 July - 13 August 1959.
- French Salon Paintings from Southern Collections, High Museum of Art, Atlanta; Chrysler Museum, Norfolk, Virginia; North Carolina Museum of Art, Raleigh, 1983, no. 30, as La Toilette.
- La Vie Moderne: Nineteenth Century French Art from the Corcoran Gallery, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Columbus Museum of Arts and Sciences, Georgia; Mary and Leigh Block Gallery, Northwestern University, Evanston; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Tampa Museum; Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha; Akron Art Museum, 1983-1985, no. 25, repro., as La Toilette.