lower left: Boldini
Messrs. P. L. Everard & Co., London; (their sale, 28 April 1873, Hotel Drouot, Paris, no. 6 as Le Bain turc). M. Faure, Paris. George I. Seney; (his sale, American Art Association, New York, 11-13 February 1891, no. 158); American Art Association, New York; (sale, American Art Association, New York, 11 April 1892, no. 11); Stanford White [1853-1906], New York; (his estate sale, American Art Association, New York, 11-12 April 1907, no. 29); William A. Clark [1839-1925], New York; bequest April 1926 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Italian Painting in the Nineteenth Century, New York Cultural Center; Columbia Museum of Art, South Carolina; St. Petersburg Museum of Fine Arts, Florida; Cummer Gallery of Art, Jacksonville; Hayden Gallery, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1972-1973, no. 6, repro.
- The William A. Clark Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 26 April - 16 July 1978, unnumbered catalogue.
- Sargent's Contemporaries, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 4 June - 28 August 1983, unpublished checkllist, no. 4.
- Antiquities to Impressionism: The William A. Clark Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 3 November 2001 - 4 February 2002, unnumbered catalogue.
- Carroll, Dana H. Catalogue of Objects of Fine Art and Other Properties at the Home of William Andrews Clark, 962 Fifth Avenue. Part I. Unpublished manuscript, n.d. (1925): 165.
- Dini, Piero, and Francesca Dini. Giovanni Boldini, 1842-1931: catalogo ragionato. Turin, 2002: vol. 3, 92, no. 146, repro.
- Panconi, Tiziano. Giovanni Boldini : l’opera completa.. Florence, 2002: 145, repro., as Dopo il bagno.
- Lees, Sarah, Richard Kendall, and Barbara. Guidi. Giovanni Boldini in Impressionist Paris.Exh. cat. Ferrara, 2009: 30, fig. 6, 32. NGA work not in exhibition.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: