on rear of base, lower left: GORHAM CO FOUNDERS Q75; on right side of base: D.C. FRENCH SC. / COPYRIGHTED
Marks and Labels
FM: Gorham Manufacturing Co.
Gift 1955 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
Associated NamesCorcoran Gallery of Art
- New York City Public Sculpture by 19th Century American Artists, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 18 June - September 1974.
- Daniel Chester French, An American Sculptor, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; National Collection of Fine Arts (now Smithsonian American Art Museum), Washington; Detroit Institute of Art; Fogg Museum of Art, Harvard University, Cambridge, 4 November 1976 - 30 November 1977.
- Marble and Bronze: 100 Years of American Sculpture 1840-1940, Adams Davidson Galleries, Washington, 9 October - 16 November 1984, no. 15, repro.
- Cast in Shadow: Models for Public Sculpture in America, Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, Williamstown, 12 October 1985 - 5 January 1986, no. 9, repro.
- Jackson, Rilla. American Art. New York, 1928: pl. CLXIII.
- Richman, Michael. Daniel Chester French: An American Sculptor. Washington, 1976: 94.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: