on top of base under book: Bessie Potter Vonnoh / No XIX; on edge of base, back center under chair: ROMAN BRONZE WORKS N.Y.
Marks and Labels
FM: Roman Bronze Works
The artist; bequest June 1955 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Loan to display at a State Dinner, The White House, Washington, 15 May 1975.
- Gilded Cage: Views of American Women, 1873–1921, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 13 July - 27 August 2002, unpublished checklist.
- The Impressionist Tradition in America, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 19 July 2003 - 18 October 2004, unpublished checklist.
- Figuratively Speaking: The Human Form in American Art, 1770-1950, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 20 November 2004 - 7 August 2005, unpublished checklist.
- Aronson, Julie. Bessie Potter Vonnoh: Sculptor of Women. Athens, OH, 2008: 86-88, 95, 115, 126, 227, fig. 40..