on the base: BARYE
Purchased 1873 from the artist by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
Associated NamesCorcoran Gallery of Art
- Les Animaliers: Antoine Barye and His Followers, Memorial Art Gallery of the Unversity of Rochester, 1975.
- Antoine Louis Barye: A Selection of Bronzes from the Permanent Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 5 July - 10 September 1978.
- Antoine-Louis Barye: The Corcoran Collection, Sarah Campbell Blaffer Gallery, Houston; The Dixon Gallery and Gardens, Memphis; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, Williamstown, 1988-1990, unnumbered catalogue, fig. 25.
- Richard, Paul. "Barye's Beasts in Bronze: The Savage and the Sublime Captured at the Corcoran." The Washington Post (1978): B6.
- Poletti, Michel, and Alain Richarme. Barye: catalogue raisonné des sculptures. Paris, 2000: 86, under F17.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: