on top of base: A ST. L Eberle 07; foundry mark: B. Zoppo / Foundry, N.Y.
Marks and Labels
FM: Zoppo Foundry
The artist; bequest 1968 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Abastenia St. Leger Eberle, Sculptor (1878-1942), Des Moines Art Center, 15 July - 17 August 1980.
- Of Time and Place: American Figurative Art from the Corcoran Gallery, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Cincinnati Art Museum; San Diego Museum of Art; University of Kentucky Art Museum, Lexington; Hunter Museum of Art, Chattanooga; Philbrook Art Center, Tulsa; Portland Art Museum, Oregon; Des Moines Art Center; Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg, FL, 1981-1983, no. 31.
- The Woman Sculptor: Malvina Hoffman and Her Contemporaries, Berry-Hill Galleries, Inc., New York, 24 October - 8 December 1984.
- The Human Figure in American Sculpture: A Question of Modernity, Los Angeles County Museum of Art; Montgomery Museum of Fine Art; Wichita Art Museum; National Academy of Design, New York, 1995-1996.
- Figuratively Speaking: The Human Form in American Art, 1770-1950, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 20 November 2004 - 7 August 2005, unpublished checklist.