lower right: F. L. Frieseke / 191[7?]
The artist; (William Macbeth, New York); purchased 1921 by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
Associated NamesCorcoran Gallery of Art
- 113th Annual Exhibition, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 3 February - 24 March 1918, no. 437.
- Annual Exhibition of Oil Paintings and Sculpture, Art Institute of Chicago, 7 November 1918 - 12 January 1919, no. 77.
- Department of Fine Arts Exhibition, Canadian National Exhibition Gallery of Fine Arts, Toronto, 26 August - 7 September 1918, no. 14.
- Exhibition of Selected Paintings by American Artists, Toledo Museum of Art, 23 June - August, 1918, no. 180.
- 34th Annual Exhibition of Paintings and Sculpture. John Herron Art Institute, Indianapolis, 19 January - 2 March 1919, no. 117.
- First annual Exhibition of Contemporary International Art, Dallas Art Association, 18 - 27 November 1919.
- Exhibition of Paintings by Honorable Members, Boston Art Club, 20 December 1920 - 7 January 1921, no. 6.
- Second Annual Exhibition of the New Society of Artists, Gimpel and Wildenstein Galleries, New York, 8-27 November 1920, no. 50.
- 16th Annual Exhibition of Paintings by American Artists, City Art Museum, St. Louis, 15 September - 25 October 1921, no. 35.
- 28th Annual Exhibition of American Art, Cincinnati Art Museum, 28 May - 31 July 1921, no. 34.
- Eighth Exhibition of Oil Paintings by Contemporary American Artists, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 18 December 1921 - 22 January 1922.
- Ninety-Sixth Annual Exhibition, National Academy of Design, New York, 5 March - 3 April 1921, no. 62.
- Special Exhibition of Paintings by Frederick Carl Frieseke, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 4 - 30 March 1924, no. 18.
- Retrospective Exhibition of Paintings by Frederick C. Frieseke, N.A., Grand Central Art Galleries, New York, 21 March - 5 April 1939, no. 10.
- De Gustibus: An Exhibition of American Paintings Illustrating a Century of Taste and Criticism, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 9 January - 20 February 1949, no. 44.
- Impressionnistes Américains, Musée du Petit Palais, Paris; Staatliche Museen zu Berlin; Museum Moderner Kunst, Vienna; Art Museum of the Socialist Republic of Romania, Bucharest; National Art Gallery, Sofia, Bulgaria; 1982-1983, no. 23.
- The Forty-Fifth Biennial: The Corcoran Collects, 1907–1998, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 17 July - 29 September 1998, unnumbered catalogue.
- American Impressionism: Selections from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Strathmore Hall Arts Center, Bethesda, Maryland, 1999, unnumbered catalogue.
- Frederick Frieseke: An American Impressionist, Telfair Museum of Art, Savannah; Dixon Gallery and Gardens, Memphis; San Diego Museum of Art; Terra Museum of American Art, Chicago, 2001-2002, no checklist.
- The Gilded Cage: Views of American Women, 1873-1921, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 2002, unpublished checklist.
- The Impressionist Tradition in America, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 2003, unpublished checklist.
- Figuratively Speaking: The Human Form in American Art, 1770-1850, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 2004-2005, unpublished checklist.
- Encouraging American Genius: Master Paintings from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Parrish Art Museum, Southampton, NY; Mint Museum of Art, Charlotte; John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota, 2005-2007, checklist no. 75 (shown only in Houston, Southampton, and Charlotte).
- The American Evolution: A History through Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 2008, unpublished checklist.
- American Journeys: Visions of Place, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 21 September 2013 - 28 September 2014, unpublished checklist.
- Napolitano, Laura Groves. "Frederick Carl Frieseke, Peace." In Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Edited by Sarah Cash. Washington, 2011: 218-219, 279, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: