lower left: A B DAVIES
(Ferargil Gallery, New York); purchased October 1928 by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Eleventh Exhibition of Contemporary American Oil Paintings, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 28 October - 9 December 1928, no. 85..
- La XXIª Exposizione Biennale Internazionale d'Arte, Venice, 1 June - 30 September 1938, no. 16.
- Impressionism and Its Influences in American Art, Toledo Museum of Art; Seattle Art Museum; Dallas Museum of Fine Arts; Santa Barbara Museum of Art; M.H. de Young Memorial Museum, San Francisco, 1954, no. 12.
- The Eight, Philbrook Art Center, Tulsa, 3-31 October 1961, no catalogue.
- Arthur B. Davies (1862-1928): A Centennial Exhibition, Munson-Williams-Proctor Institute, Utica; Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; Memorial Art Gallery, University of Rochester; Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond; Cincinnati Art Museum; City Art Musuem of Saint Louis; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1962-1963, no. 74.
- Arthur B. Davies: Paintings and Graphics, Tucson Art Center; La Jolla Museum of Art, California; Utah Museum of Fine Arts, University of Utah, Provo, 1967, no. 28.
- Americans at Home and Abroad, 1870-1920, Meredith Long and Co., Houston, 26 March - 9 April 1971, no. 7.
- The Natural Paradise: Painting in America 1800-1950, Museum of Modern Art, New York, 20 September - 30 November 1976, unnumbered catalogue.
- Dream Vision: The Work of Arthur B. Davies, Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston; Marion Koogler McNay Art Institute, San Antonio; Munson-Williams-Proctor Institute, Utica; Phillips Collection, Washington, 1981-1982, unnumbered catalogue.
- The Forty-Fifth Biennial: The Corcoran Collects, 1907–1998, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 17 July - 29 September 1998, unnumbered catalogue.
- The American Evolution: A History through Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1 March - 27 July 2008, unpublished checklist.
- American Journeys: Visions of Place, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 21 September 2013 - 28 September 2014, unpublished checklist.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 293, repro.