lower left: C. D.
George Lothrop [1848-1906] and Helen McHenry Chambers [1856-1919] Bradley, Washington; bequest 10 May 1919 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Loan to display with permanent collection, George Thomas Hunter Gallery of Art, Chattanooga, 22 December 1952 - 23 October 1954.
- French Masterworks: A Loan Exhibition from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Museum of New Mexico, Sante Fe, 1959.
- Charles François Daubigny, Paine Art Center & Arboretum, Oshkosh, Wisconsin, 1-31 May 1964, no. 64, repro.
- Charles Francois Daubigny (1817-1878), Dixon Gallery and Gardens, Memphis, 26 March - 23 April 1978, no. 7.
- La Vie Moderne: Nineteenth Century French Art from the Corcoran Gallery, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Columbus Museum of Arts and Sciences, Georgia; Mary and Leigh Block Gallery, Northwestern University, Evanston; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Tampa Museum; Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha; Akron Art Museum, 1983-1985, no. 5, repro.
- A Passion for Nature: Landscape Painting from 19th Century France, Art Gallery of Alberta, Edmonton, 15 October 2011 - 20 February 2012, no catalogue.